Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat
There are two hostels, one for boys and one for girls with equal no. of seats. If you are planning to stay in hostel, fill in hostel admission form and hand it over for quick processing. Mess facility is available in Hostel, College Canteen. No private electronic or electric equipment or furniture will be allowed in hostel.
You should report to the Medical College timely to complete the formalities like bond etc. The college is located in General Hospital Campus in himmatnagar. It is just a walkable distance from the State transport Bus terminus.
himmatnagar being the twin city of Ahmedabad is well connected by rail and road to all the major cities and town of Gujarat. One can reach himmatnagar/Ahmedabad by air also.
1. Rail : All the Major cities are well connected with Ahmedabad/himmatnagar.
2. Road :
• From Ahmedabad, it is 20 kms.
• It is 100 kms from Vadodara, 220 kms from Bhavnagar, and 325 kms. from Rajkot.
• Frequent S.T. and private luxury buses ply to and fro Ahmedabad at all time daily connecting it with all the major cities / towns like Vadodara, Bhavnagar, Surat and Rajkot etc.
• From Ahmedabad, state transport buses are available from Gita Mandir area and private luxury buses from Paldi Char Rasta.
• Private bus service operators
• from Ahmedabad are – Patel Travels: 992524451,52, 079-26576749, Tanna Travels 079-26575872, 079-26576351, Rajdhani Travels 079-26589444, 079-26585444 and New-Limda Travels: 079-26579319. 3. Air : One can reach Ahmedabad by air from Mumbai, New Delhi and from major cities. Ahmedabad’s Sardar Patel International Airport is very well connected with the major cities of the india.
3. Air : One can reach Ahmedabad by air from Mumbai, New Delhi and from major cities. Ahmedabad’s Sardar Patel International Airport is very well connected with the major cities of the india.
• Fees for General quota student is 250000 per year and for NRI students $16000.00 per annum, which is decided by the RJ Shah Fee Committee every year.
• The one time Hostel Deposit is Rs. 5000/- which will be refundable while leaving the Hostel, for which student need to produce original receipt of payment. /p>
• College caution money, Library fee per term, Hostel - Fee and deposit for one term and student’ association fee per term will be collected at the time of reporting.
• Mess charges will be extra.
• Enrollment/Eligibility certificate fee is to be paid to Gujarat University along with the enrollment form.
• You have to pay for journals and answer books of part ending examination, terminal examinations and preliminary internal assessment examination separately to the respective departments.
Please bring 10 colored passport size photographs at the time of reporting.
• 1 for library membership
• 3 for hostel form
• 1 for bank account
• 1 for student association
• 1 for student record section
• 1 for identity card
• 2 extra photograph
Following items you have to procure from himmatnagar/Ahmedabad or place where a medical college is located and brought at the time of reporting.
2 white aprons with full sleeves & name plate with black background and white letters, dissection box for human body dissection, bone set, a set of Automated disposable pricking lancets.
For the students who wants to get admission in hostel they should bring / purchase following things from Ahmedabad / himmatnagar – 1 mattress, 1 blanket, 2 pillow cover, 2 bed sheets, 2 towels, 2 white handkerchief, 2 small napkins, 2 pairs of shocks, 1 nail cutter, Shaving kit for boys, needle and white thread, Black shoe polish & shoe brush , bathroom sleepers, sport shoes, 1 twenty liters bucket & a tumbler with student name on it with marker pen, washing soap / powder, bathing soap & Soap cash / shampoo, tooth brush, tooth paste & tooth brush holder, tongue cleaner ,Oil and comb, suitable size mirror, 6 aluminum hangars, 12 feet plastic string, 5 liters plastic water jug, a packet of wax candles with match box or a small torch, 1 stain less steel Tiffin carrier, (Though the electric failure is not common in himmatnagar it is better to keep emergency light and mobile phone with an instruction not to use in college premises).
As you already know that in 1st MBBS you have to read three subjects i.e. Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry. These subjects’ senior professors and other staff members of college will help you in solving initial difficulties related to studies.
1. Dr. S. S. Saiyad, Professor and Head, Department of Anatomy
2. Dr. Rupal Gautam, Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy
3. Dr. Jasmin Diwan, Professor and Head, Department of Physiology
4. Dr. Saurin Sanghavi, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology
5. Dr. Shobhana Chandanani, Professor and Head, Department of Biochemistry
The list of Books to be purchased is shown in the website’s Department page. It is recommended that only those books which shown under the heading “prescribed books” should be procured. In addition, some of the books listed under “Additional reading” may be procured; it is not necessary to procure all the books under the heading “Additional books”. Do not procure any other book not shown in either of these lists as they are not recommended by the teachers of the respective departments, also purchase the latest available edition only.
There are good library facilities. The Library is located in First Floor of the College building. There are more than 3000 books with internet facility. There are two students reading rooms each for Boys and Girls. You can contact Dr. Jasmin Diwan, Professor & Head of Physiology, in charge library, Mrs. Sejalben Patel, Librarian for any help related to Library.
Almost all major banks have their branches in himmatnagar, are located at Gh Road nearby college.
Due to stringent R.B.I. regulations, it is advisable to bring the identification letter/ certificate from your present bankers along with 2 recent passport size photographs which will facilitate in opening the bank account.
GMERS Medical College and General Hospital, attached to Medical College, himmatnagar is a 300 bedded hospital at present where all major specialist services are available. It is to be developed into 750 bedded Hospital. There are number of private practitioners practicing all specialties in himmatnagar and Ahmedabad.
Bring adequate certified copies of the following documents / certificate as they will be required for submission to the University and other authorities.
1. H.S.C. mark sheet
2. School Leaving certificate.
3. Attempt certificate for H.S.C. [XII std] Examination
4. Caste certificate (if applicable)
The original certificate will be retained by the college (if not collected at the time of admission)
|1||Dean||Dr Arun Vyasfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Representative of Civil and Police Administration||Deputy Superintendent of Police||079-23220577||Spemail@example.com|
|3||Representative of Local Media||Member nominated by local media department||079-23253388|
|4||Representative of Non government organizations||Member nominated by Non government organizations||079023254095|
|5||Representative of faculty Members||Dr S S Saiyadfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Representative of faculty Members||Dr Shobhna Chandaniemail@example.com|
|7||Representative of faculty Members||Dr Jaydeep Gadhvi||9904437000||Drjmg75@gmail.com|
|8||Parents||Dr Paresh Vyasa||9825023700|
|9||Students from 1 st year||Bhavya Bhalodiyafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||Students from 2nd year||Anuj P Shah||8980085054|
All the teaching staff of college will help in curbing the ragging in Medical College campus. You can take help of any teacher of college.
|First term||August to January||Declared later or may be cancelled||1st terminal in January|
|Second term||February to July||Declared later or may be cancelled||Preliminary Examination in July; University Examination in August|
• Gujarat University, following the revised M.C.I. regulations regarding curriculum, examination etc.
• The 1st MBBS course will comprise of two academic terms (as mentioned above). University examination and result period is included in these two academic terms. University examination will be conducted in 2nd term (i.e. in August 2012).
• To appear in University examination, as per the M.C.I. and Gujarat University Guide lines, students should have 75% attendance in theory and practical and 35 % marks in internal examinations. Students who will not secure requisite attendance and internal marks; will not be allowed to appear in University Examination.
• The regular First MBBS teaching schedule will commence from August Every Year
• As Parent/ Guardian If you have any query in this regard or regarding the academic progress of your child at any time in future, you can contact Head of the Department of the respective subject. You can also contact the hostel warden for the matters regarding the hostel.
• You can also meet Dean of the college with prior appointment. The Telephone no. of college is 079-23240296.
• Wish you a very happy and successful stay at himmatnagar, during your study at GMERS Medical College, himmatnagar
Hostel requirement Bucket & tumbler, black shoes, black shoe police & brush, sleeper, shaving kit, nail cutter, mirror, comb, six aluminum hangars, two bed sheets, two pillow covers, mattress, two apron (white coat), Mobile phone (not for use in college premises)
• Not to encourage the students to come to home too frequently.
• After the first terminal examination please meet the concerned teachers.
• Holidays holidays, 7 days – twice in a year- Deepawali & summer holidays 15 days approx.
• Inlands letters: Submit three self-addressed inland letters to the Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry departments, and to the student sections.
• Important websites: www.gujhealth.gov.in
• Photographs: Ten Pass port size photographs must be bring along with the admission.