Gujarat Medical Education & Research Society
Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat
GMERS Medical College &Hospital , Himmatnagar
The student should be able to:
- Explain the principles of recognition of bone injuries and dislocation.
- Apply suitable methods to detect and manage common infections of bones and joints.
- Identify congenital, skeletal anomalies and their referral for appropriate correction or rehabilitation.
- Recognize metabolic bone diseases as seen in this country.
- Explain etiogenesis, manifestations, diagnosis of neoplasm affecting bones.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
- Detect sprains and deliver first aid measures for common fractures and sprains and manage uncomplicated fractures of clavicle, Colles's, forearm, phallanges etc.
- Techniques of splinting, plaster, immobilization etc.
- Management of common bone infections, learn indications for sequestration, amputations and corrective measures for bone deformities.
- Aspects of rehabilitation for Polio, Cerebral Palsy and Amputation.
Be able to perform certain orthopedic skills, provide sound advise of skeletal and related conditions at primary or secondary health care level.
Integration with anatomy, surgery, pathology, rediology and Forensic Medicine is done.
variety of services